With so many unique and innovative ways to communicate with consumers, some brands have questioned whether ‘old-fashioned’ email marketing is still a viable tool to reach audiences effectively. Is email marketing dead? Just ask Google. Research indicates that approximately 191.4 billion emails are sent and received each day worldwide, but does this equate to a successful ROI (Return on Investment)? Absolutely! Despite repeated pronouncements of its demise, quality sales opportunities and leads can be generated through email marketing, as long as you’re doing it right.
So how do you create a successful email marketing campaign? Follow these tips to improve efficiency and ensure you are optimizing email marketing effectively.
- Your subject headline must be compelling and enticing so that readers will want to open your email
- Create interesting and engaging content to grab the reader’s attention
- Optimize emails for viewing on multiple platforms, including mobile, desktop, and web mail
- Have an eye-catching design, but don’t overdo it with images. Too many graphics will sound off the spam alerts (So much for all of that work you just created.) *Facepalm*
- Establish a preference center where users can adjust their email options
- Provide discounts, offers, or special promotions for consumers
- Proofread…proofreed….proofread <— enough said!
- Include a call-to-action on every email. What do you want the reader to do? Forward the email, make a purchase or donate, opt-in, or something else? Decide your CTA first before creating your campaign.
What’s In It for Me?
Still not convinced that email marketing is right for your brand? Email marketing has been proven effective for millions of brands across the world. In fact, an estimated 68% of brands consider email marketing as an effective way to communicate with consumers. Furthermore, the average return on email marketing investments is equivalent to approximately $44 for every dollar spent. With 91% of consumers checking their email at least once per day, incorporating email marketing into your strategic plan is a no brainer. Master the perfect email cocktail by incorporating the tips above and adding your own secret ingredients for success.